Digital Media Editor, World Literature Today, January 2011 – Present
Write, edit, and design digital content and marketing campaigns for World Literature Today, The Neustadt Festival, and The Puterbaugh Festival.
Includes website design and development, publishing and designing magazine and blog content online, directing social media, and creating, designing, and delivering marketing campaigns for the magazine and two festivals.
Digital media work also includes site maintenance, maintaining and developing the online shopping cart, and streamlining subscriber support on the WLT website.
Freelance Designer, 2007 – Present
Print, web, illustration, and logo design.
Art Director, Ad-Specialties and More, August 2006 – January 2011
Website design and maintenance, logo design, print design, print pre-production, advertising, and print sales.
Designer, The Scene, August-December 2006
Page layout and design/Weekly Arts & Entertainment publication at The Oklahoma Daily
Arts and Entertainment Editor, The Oklahoma Daily, January – May 2006
Page layout and design, manage reporters and content, assign stories, edit stories, and plan content
|Bachelor of Art in Journalism and Mass Communication
Minor in Italian
University of Oklahoma, May 2007
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
|• Selected as one of Folio:’s 15 Under 30 in 2012. “FOLIO:’s 15 Under 30,” “Jen Rickard”
• OBEA 2007 Student Interactive Media Second Place award – Online Story Book
• Jeanette Baumer Turner Award for excellence in fine arts-related reporting and writing in 2006.
• Addy Award in Television Commerical category in 2006.
• Jeanette Baumer Turner Award for excellence in fine arts-related reporting and writing in 2005.
• Addy Award in Point of Purchase category in 2005.
• Member of Alpha Lambda Delta, Gamma Beta Phi, National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Golden Key honor societies.